Air Source Heat Pump & Solar PV – New Build, Binbrook - New Build
About The Project
- ASHP System Size: 6kW
- ASHP Model: Panasonic WH-MDC06G3E5
- Renewable Heat (kWhrs): 10341
- Est. RHI Payment over 7 years: £7,368
- PV System Size: 2.24 kW
- PV Panel Model: JA Solar 280w Mono All Black
- PV Inverter Model: Solis 1P2.0K-4G
- PV Annual Output (kWh/year): 1593
- PV Annual CO2 Savings (kg/year): 952
UK Alternative Energy founder & director Derrick Denton and his colleague Peter Sawyer, embarked on a personal project with their company Alternative Haus Ltd in which they built a sustainable low energy bungalow in the lovely village of Binbrook.
Using their knowledge of the industry, they wanted to build a timber frame house, with a traditional appearance that would be a low energy home. Incorporated in their build was a 2.24kW integrated Solar PV system, a Panasonic Air Source Heat Pump with an under floor heating system throughout, Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR) and a 1,500 litre Rainwater Harvesting system which collects filtered rain water and is used to flush the toilet, washing clothes in the washing machine and for the outside tap.